Allan MalecheExecutive Director KELIN
- Allan Achesa Maleche is the Executive Director of KELIN and a leader of a young generation of public interest lawyers shaping Kenya's democratic destiny. He is responsible for the day to day running of the organization and its programmes.
- KELIN is a legal NGO working to protect, promote and advance health-related human rights in Kenya. We do this by: providing legal services and support, training professionals on human rights, engaging in advocacy campaigns that promote awareness of human rights issues, conducting research and influencing policy that promotes evidence-based change
- Mr. Maleche holds a bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from the University of Nairobi and a diploma in Gender and Human rights from the Uppsala University.
- He possess five years of work experience in the fields of HIV project work and 4 years work experience in the field of law, human rights, legal & ethical issues in health. This experience was obtained while working for projects at the University of Nairobi, University of Washington, the firm of Rachier & Amollo Advocates and KELIN.
- In relation to the Cultural Structures Project, Mr. Maleche in consultation with Commissioner Catherine Muyeka Mumma, the innovator of the project, provides strategic guidance in the implementation of the project.