Joyce HakmehHead Research, Networking and Development (RND) Unit | Arab Center for the Rule of Law and Integrity
Joyce HAKMEH is a development expert in the Arab region with a focus on the rule of law and judicial reform. She assumed various positions and implemented numerous projects in the MENA region for the Arab Center for the Rule of Law and Integrity (ACRLI) as well as for UNDP’s Programme On Governance in the Arab Region (POGAR).
Ms HAKMEH acted as a consultant for UNDP Lebanon for a project supporting the Prime Minister’s Office on Disaster Risk Reduction where she developed and supervised the implementation of a nation-wide outreach strategy. Currently, Ms HAKMEH acts as the Head of the Research, Networking and Development Unit at ACRLI where she is responsible for the resource mobilization and partnerships; she is also the European Neighborhood South Region (ENPI) CSO Ambassador for the European Commission’s initiative entitled Structured Dialogue for an efficient partnership in development.
Rule of Law expertise
- International rule of law
- Judicial reform
- Freedom of association
Country / region expertise
- Throughout my work in regional organizations, I have covered the entire MENA region with a focus on Lebanon / Jordan / Yemen/ Egypt/Morocco and Tunisia.
- Implemented a project on” Strengthening the Rule of Law in the Arab States- Modernization of Public Prosecution Offices”
- Implemented a project on “Enhancing the Legal Framework of Associations in the Arab World through National Dialogue and Empowerment of Civil Society"
- Contributed to the successful establishment of the Arab Anti- Corruption and Transparency Network (ACTNET)