Michael ZürnProf. Dr. Director | Social Science Research Centre, Berlin
Member of Hague Rule of Law Network
In 1993 I published a first article on the legalization of international norms. I became Co-Director of the ‘Centre for European Law and Policy (ZERP), University of Bremen’ and co-operated with numerous lawyers on the issue of the internationalization of law.
Rule of Law expertise
- International rule of law
- Multi-level governance
- Law and democracy
Country / region expertise
- North America
- In 2004, founded the Hertie School of Governance.
- Director of the research unit “Transnational Conflicts and International Institution” at the WZB (Social Science Research Center Berlin), Head of the Rule of Law Center
- Founder and Chair of the Collaborative Research Center "Transformation of the State"
- At present, co-Leader of HiiL research project on the Internationalisation of Rule of Law